fredag 21. oktober 2016

Battle Report #326: Haley2 vs Gunnbjorn

:: Prologue ::

I got two games in against Gunnbjorn yesterday, one with each of the Haleys. First up was her second incarnation.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
Captain Gunnbjorn - WB: +28
- Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 19
- Mountain King - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3
Trollkin Highwaymen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
Pyg Bushwhackers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Pyg Bushwhacker Officer & Mortar - Officer & Mortar Pyg: 5
Dhunian Knot - Leader & 2 Grunts: 6

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Shooting can be a problem for Haley and this list had plenty of it. We were playing Outlast though and my hopes as such were that the Trolls would have to split up, sacrifice a key piece or position and thus give me an angle. Threat ranges would also be a bitch here but what can you do.


:: Game ::

Trolls went first and put up Snipe on one of the shooty units.


I TA the 'wall and shoot the MK with 3 shots, all boosted damage. He loses 16 boxes or so. I set up to threaten the right zone bottom of 2 with the Lances picking up some terrain to help them vs shooting on the off flank. Haley casts deflection.


MK decides to go contest. I realized I had missplaced Ragman in my deployment phase as he basically only needs to get the MK here and said MK has to move right to avoid losing on scenario. In any case, Gunnbjorn's plan is to try and protect the MK with rock wall. That plan becomes a lot easier when the Bomber kills Lanyssa with a scatter off of Thorn. Gunny feats. The MK sprayed the Ironclad, crippling its hammer. Sometimes I really miss that Tinker...


Losing Lanyssa was painful. I decide to make the attrition play instead, which involves TK-ing the Bomber, charging him with Stormwall and have the Lances perform work on the left flank. With the Firefly participating as well I kill quite a few there and with the Bomber dead it's looking solid for the Swans, even though I don't score.


Trollbloods reposition to safety.


I take a commanding 2-0 lead and wipe out most of his remaining models.


At this point the game is effectively over. My opponent moves forward to spray Ragman to death with the MK. We roll it out to see if I can kill him and I do.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I don't know why, but the shooting aspect simply didn't make that big of an impact in this game for Gunnbjorn. I feel as though perhaps T1 was played too passively whereas T2 was played too aggressively.

My second turn got a ton of work done which really crippled the game. To prevent this I think Gunnbjorn has to simply tank the alpha on the MK. With the Ironclad's hammer crippled I need Ragman in or a ton of luck for the Stormwall to realistically one-round it. By placing the wall in front of the Bomber in this case it's very hard for me to get the charge on him with Stormwall. That would have been a good start.

I'm left with the impression that Gunnbjorn has some solid spells. The list he builds has some inherent strengths vs Haley2 because I can't wait the game out. All that being said, he simply feels lacking, too weak in terms of power. Some cute tech here and there, but overall simply a level below where I feel the Trollbloods casters need to be. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar