mandag 24. oktober 2016

Battle Report #331: Haley3 vs Lylyth3

:: Prologue ::

Following the first game we took a small break and went at it again. Let's go!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Haley Past
- Haley Future
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Ragman - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Opponent:
(Lylyth 3) Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight [+29]
 - Succubus [4]
 - Naga Nightlurker [8]
 - Nephilim Bolt Thrower [11]
 - Seraph [14]
 - Carnivean [19]
 - Typhon [24]
Strider Scouts [9]
 - Strider Scout Officer & Musician [4]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
The Forsaken [4]
Strider Deathstalker [4]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

I wanted to try a couple of things in this second go. First of all I wanted to see if it would be viable to keep my AD things outside of her threat range. Secondly I wanted to try and skew hard for scenario to see if Lylyth has any decent counter-plays.


:: Game ::

TL;DR my strategy is flawed. The picture below pretty much says it all.


I end up deciding to go with the original plan. Trenchers run up to set up for Grenadiers and jam Striders as best as I can. Prime moves onto the hill with AS, covered by Thorn, Ironclad and Charger. I leave Junior within control range of the Charger but I know this might be a little too risky considering Lylyth's extreme threat. Lances set up for scenario.


Lylyth goes for Junior. Odds Machine puts this at 74%. Lylyth fails and is left at 0 fury. She repositions away and her beasts run with her. My opponent did have an amazing start for his turn with the Deathstalker killing 2 Trenchers and the Striders taking down 5 more. Although the junior-move is overwhelmingly likely to happen, I'm not sure it's the best play. After all, with such a good start she could've gone for the play to kill off all the Trenchers instead for example. In any case it is what it is!

I consider going for scenario vs going for the kill. I decide on the latter after running some numbers. The idea is to Repudiate Lylyth, cast Chain Blast with Past and then Future and have the Charger shoot her. Past misses her Chain Blast but both of her deviating aoes hit Lylyth and I boost. Prime also follows up with her own, hitting as opposed to Past, but she survives on a couple of boxes. It is kind of ironic I suppose that the Charger, fueled by Junior, finishes the job and kills Lylyth with his gun.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

The first game today taught me a ton. This one unfortunately not so much. It was a mess of a game and my strategy gives up way too much board space to Lylyth, enabling her to basically choke me down. I think that I'll simply have to risk a trencher or three top of 1.

Also, deploying for scenario vs Lylyth3 just feels bad. I think the Grenadiers must largely act as a spearhead of sorts here and the rest of the army can follow behind. The one thing I got right this game was having the lances in a more relevant position. I think there's even more to be had out of these in this matchup which I will look into further.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar