onsdag 7. desember 2016

Battle Report #364: Sloan vs Montador

:: Prologue ::

I had time for one more game last night. A mercenary player was fielding an armor-skew variant in the shape of Bartolo Montador. Stryker3 is probably what I want to drop here, however I didn't have time for a 2-hour grind so I went with Sloan just to see how bad it could get...

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Grenadier [9]
- Grenadier [9]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Rangers [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Opponent:
Bart
- Jacks
Kell
Tinker

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Outlast and I went first. Easy choices are easy, run!


:: Game ::


Batten goes up and Bart is super far back. He camps 3.


I count my models. I can land 4 Hunter shots on him. Odds machine puts this at not-even-close-to-worth-considering so I consider other options. I figure that if I can keep him busy I might be able to take out the Galleon next turn.

I feat and put everything into said Galleon. Dice don't cooperate but it loses over half a side at least. The infantry by and large run to be a pain to deal with.


It's clearing time! Jacks start clearing and trampling left, right and center. Montador takes the central fence.


It's clear that I can't kill all these jacks. They are too far up, too tanky and too numerous. I probably can kill Galleon, but what then? Batten is very good vs Hunters and jacks with bucklers and stuff make it even worse.

There is an angle for Montador though. He didn't feat so I can run my models to block LoS on both the left and right flank. This allows me to get 3 Hunters, Sloan and the GMCA on a Ranger-marked Montador camping only 2 focus (I think? Might have only been one).

The GMCA hits and this sets up for a beautiful run for the rest. Montador dies and Sloan shows me that she does have some angles even in hard matchups.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

We ran Odds machine for the game ending run. If the GMCA misses it's 50/50. It's roughly a 50% shot for him (7+) so it's dicey. Given the situation on the table though I think it's easily the best course of action.

Ironically enough I think I might've ran too far up T1. I went so far that it was impossible for me to properly get back T2 without being jammed bottom of 2. Should probably have played it more defensively. With me going first and having a 22" threat range it's not going to be a problem landing shots top of 2 regardless. Interesting lesson to take with me.

Montador is massively up here but the assassination shows how lethal Sloan can be. It's a good tool to have for sure. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar