lørdag 10. desember 2016

Internal Affairs Mk. VI Game 3 (#367): Sloan vs High Reclaimer

:: Prologue ::

Third game and another usual suspect: High Reclaimer! It's kind of a list chicken situation because my opponent has Amon. I think Stryker can play Amon, maybe, but he can't play High Reclaimer. Sloan is the opposite I believe and we're playing on Outlast. I take a risk and go with Sloan, she might be able to find an assassination angle if she ends up against Amon so there's that. HR in return sets up for an interesting game.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Grenadier [9]
- Grenadier [9]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Rangers [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Opponent:
High Reclaimer 1) The High Reclaimer [+32]
 - Dervish [7]
 - Vigilant [9]
 - Scourge of Heresy [16]
Flame Bringers (max) [17]
Knights Exemplar [9]
 - Knights Exemplar Officer [5]
Knights Exemplar [9]
 - Knights Exemplar Officer [5]
Idrian Skirmishers (min) [9]
 - Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist [3]
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist [3]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
The Covenant of Menoth [4]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

PoM wins the roll-off due to Anastasia on both sides. I skew a little to the left, intending to use the forest there as fort Sloan.


:: Game ::

PoM move up, Idrians mini-feat.


I kill Idrians.


Commitment turn! Everything moves up.


At this point in time I'm supposed to wipe the table. I do kill models left, right and center...


Unfortunately I am too aggressive in my placements and I lose a -ton- to HR's feat-retaliation.


This is turning into a bitch of a grind. I have too few models and shots left and am slowly losing the grind.



The Protectorate forces have started scoring and I have to try and make some kind of a counter move. It doesn't work out that well but at least it's a shot.



It's 4-4 as I clear out the rest in my zone and run a single Trencher to contest his.


Said Trencher is killed and my opponent runs a model to contest my zone and take it home on scenario.

Sadly, a Loss for the Swans.

:: Evaluation ::

I struggle to get the right feel with Sloan. I guess I play her a lot like Haley3, which is just wrong. It'll take more time getting used to and in this game my opponent capitalized on this strategic mistake very well.

I think the matchup itself is very interesting. Not sure if it's in anyone's favour but this was close and a good game. High Reclaimer's insane feat brought it home, the threat ranges are unbelievable. At least I managed to keep Sloan safe, that's a start I guess. The game really was an eye opener though because I lost way too much which could've been prevented and I will for sure go back and review some Sloan games when I have the time! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar