lørdag 10. desember 2016

Internal Affairs Mk. VI Game 2 (#366): Sloan vs Wurmwood

:: Prologue ::

Once you start winning it doesn't take long before you start running into the big boys. When you're playing Warmachine on hard mode that's not necessarily what you want to have happen round 2. Regardless, Circle it was with the cookie-cutter pairing of Una2 and Wurmwood. I dropped Sloan because Stryker can't do anything against either of them and received Wurmwood in return.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Grenadier [9]
- Grenadier [9]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Rangers [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Opponent:
(Wurmwood 1) Wurmwood, Tree of Fate [+27]
 - Cassius the Oathkeeper
 - Feral Warpwolf [18]
 - Megalith [20]
 - Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
 - Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Shifting Stones [3]
Tharn Bloodtrackers (max) [16]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Scenario is Entrenched and I lost the roll-off- Damn. I deploy centrally ish.


:: Game ::

My opponent sets up for a big move to kill 2 Bloodtrackers with Cassius and make a big los-block wall in the middle of the map around the stone. Unfortunately for him he set it up based on a Cassius charge. Now you can't charge your own models any longer so once that was fucked up it was time for Plan B.

Full steam ahead and top of 1 feat!


I have no intentions to rush this game now. I want to drag it out for as long as I can and keep a fairly wide frontline.


Wurmwood starts trying to get some work done.


I decide to feat but it turns out to be a poor-ish choice. I get the sentries and a a Pureblood but the rest of my damage is negligible. The jamming Bloodtrackers were a pain to deal with.


Wurmwood keeps scoring and gets the los-block up.


Cassius' forest ended up within 6" of my Grenadier so I could sort of work around the forest now. The Feral which killed my objective would be easy pickings and my main priority now was to kill Mr. Cassius. The Grenadier performed admirably and at this point in time I felt fairly good.


With Cassius gone Wurmwood is stuck and I can just dance around him and pick the remaining Circle models apart.





He does get all the way to 4 CP but it doesn't matter, he needs the 5th and he cannot get it before he's chopped down. 

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Wurmwood's feat is pretty ridiculous against Sloan. If he plays it right you literally get no work done at all. In this particular game obviously it helped a ton that he had to put up the feat top of 1, but it was still a close game which says a lot about this guy's ability to be a pain in the ass.

The Bloodtrackers largely fucked up my feat turn. It I had not feated however I would not have been able to remove them. Against Wurmwood it's a lot about the big beasts and how well he sets up to deliver them, but in this game it was a big deal for me to remove the infantry and support. It really plays to Sloan's strengths when you can spread out and focus on board space and shooting high-value targets instead of just trying not to be stuck and locked down.

Circle heavies do fall down quickly to this shooting, it's all about whether you get in a position to take those shots or not.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar