mandag 19. desember 2016

Battle Report #373: Sloan vs Una2

:: Prologue ::

I have Armory in my list not so much because of Lylyth3 (though it sure can help there as well), but more because of casters like Vlad1 and Una2 who I think won't have enough defensive tech simply with Windwall if I have multiple sources of magical attacks. In any case, following two quick games vs Baldur2 I was now able to try this out in practice: Sloan against the dreaded Angry Birds. Fight!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Rangers [9]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen [10]
Opponent:
Una the Skyhunter - WB: +29 Effigy of Valor
- Druid Wilder - PC: 4
- Gorax Rager - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Pureblood Warpwolf - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 5)
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8
- Scarsfell Griffon - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 4
Sentry Stone & Mannikins - Leader & 3 Grunts: 5
Sentry Stone & Mannikins - Leader & 3 Grunts: 5
Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Entrenched still because we were short on time (appointments for more games!) and my opponent figured Una2 would probably have been a better drop given the lack of good terrain for Baldur2.

The idea was simple enough: Claim table space, spread out, pick off stragglers, feat for attrition ASAP.


:: Game ::

Stuff moves out.


Una makes one hell of a fort with Windwall and all. Trackers run to jam.


This is obviously a feat turn. Unfortunately I mess up  more than I should have, by far, and I "only" get the Pureblood and Sentry Stones. I also expose a Hunter. Christ.


Una feats, Hunters get jammed. One dies.


The idea now is to identify what needs to die and what I can let live. I figure I can jam up Sloan enough to let the center ones live. My anti-jamming positions weren't good enough because I had to deal with the Bloodtrackers so the two central birds got to jam way too much. I kill the rest (seriously Trenchers are legit vs Birds, CRA + Rangers and having 1 aim in pairs of two mean you go to RAT12 and you do dice damage).


Unfortunately Fort Sloan has a big weakness: The Hunter blocking off the entrance and acting as a gate can be slammed. Lol. I didn't consider this, truthfully because I imagined there would be free strikes galore for any birdie wanting to get up close and personal.

In any case it is an opening. Una is placed up by the stones and shoots away 3 models. I have but one Trencher left to free strike the angry bird trying to pass through with. Luckily he connects. Since these weak-ass birds can't take a beating the PS9 bayonet cripples its spirit. He needs a hard 8 to slam the Hunter which he fails to get.

With that, the game is effectively over and my opponent concedes.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Although there were tons of mistakes here this game leaves me super confident that Sloan is significantly up vs Una2. Her threat ranges are terrific and you have enough targets for Windwall not to be that big of a problem. If Una wants to go up and be aggressive you can kill her. 15/15/15 is bad and the GMCA can cause all manner of problems for her. She has to feat + jam and Sloan has ways to work that out easily enough. Alexia also supples the models needed to deny Una the landing spots her Griffons need. With better play Alexia can also make an impenetrable Fort Sloan. Memo to self: Beware of Slam angles.

An interesting series of games against Circle! I did have time for one more game for the night and my opponent had asked for Sloan to be fielded...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar