lørdag 10. desember 2016

Internal Affairs Mk. VI Game 4 (#368): Sloan vs Harkevich

:: Prologue ::

For my last game of the tournament I ran into a pairing of Vlad1 and Harkevich. As with so many other games today I don't think this is something Stryker can even play. If I get Vlad I get shot to death and feat is a nightmare. If it's Harkevich he has a superior cloudwall. I end up dropping Sloan again and get Harkevich in return. Interesting!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Grenadier [9]
- Grenadier [9]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Rangers [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Opponent:
(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
 - Kodiak [13]
 - Kodiak [13]
 - Kodiak [13]
 - Juggernaut [12]
 - Juggernaut [12]
 - Ruin [17]
Ogrun Bokur [5]
Ogrun Bokur [5]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Ragman [4]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Gobber Tinker [2]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Never played this guy before. What does he do? We'll find out. I win roll off because of di Bray and deploy centrally. He does the same, by and large.


:: Game ::

I run stuff up.



Harkevich runs his things up and feats.


I focus everything on the right-most Kodiak, cloud up and back the fuck away.


The steel train keeps a-coming. My opponent makes a number of technical mistakes like forgetting reposition so it's not all bad.


I know my list is capable of killing roughly 3 Khador heavies on feat turn. One of them is severely damaged so I just have to see if it's enough. Luckily it is and I get some breathing space. I bring Anastasia into the mix to score a point. 1-0.


Ruin commits but the Juggernauts and Harkevich move away. Ok, so one piece of Ruin needs to die...


...which he does! It's looking fairly bright now methinks. I put Refuge on Sloan so she can get to the flag while di Bray kills the Tinker.


Harkevich makes one last stand on the central hill, but as my opponent forgets reposition for literally the 3rd turn in a row for some of his jacks he doesn't contest and I move to 3-1.


I kill the objective and take the flag again, 5-1!

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This game was a bit of a mess from both of our sides. I committed too hard and played too aggressively, sort of like I did vs HR. Because of that I struggle so much with the Kodiaks it's not even funny. My opponent forgot steam once and Reposition like 4 or 5 times I think so yeah. Mistakes were made.

What eventually broke the game was that I was able to take apart his front line and start swarming out. This feels like the way Sloan -should- play, yet it is rarely how I -do- play her. Might be a correlation between that and why I feel I play her so badly...

My 3-1 streak ended up landing me 5th place today. Although we had 2 Circle players around with Wurmwood and Una2, both tanked in the second round. The last three undefeated players had Protectorate, Cryx and Legion, hardly what you'd expect these days. A huge credit to them nonetheless, especially the Cryx player who took it all home with a win over Legion in the finals (Coven and Deneghra1 pairing for those of you who wonder). Really inspiring to see them do so well with those factions.

Expect some strategy thoughts and list musings soon!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar