torsdag 22. desember 2016

Battle Report #381: Stryker3 vs Rahn

:: Prologue ::

Second game of the day: Stryker3 vs Rahn. I have a troop-spam variant of Stryker3 I'm trying out since I wasn't happy with the Stormwall experiment. Rahn is a solid caster and provides a ton of resistance. Let's get to it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Stryker3
- Gallant (proxied by Stormclad)
- Ironclad
Maxwell Finn
Alain Runewood
Max Trenchers
Max Trenchers
Max Lances
Min Lances
Opponent:
Rahn
- Chimera
- Chimera
- Hyperion
3x Arcanist
Battle Mages
Battle Mages
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
- Eiryss3

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing Outlast and I move first. I want to play symmetrically here. Rahn will have no-charge on something. Wherever it's not I threaten to completely smash the flank.


:: Game ::

Trenchers all move up 6" and dig in. Lances run to flanks. Gallant and Ironclad cautiously await where they're needed. Finn takes a trench on the left.


Infiltrators run and jam with no charge spell. Rahn kills a Lance with Force Hammer on the right flank and TKs another.


Trenchers on the left spread out. Lances assault Hyperion to e-leap, killing 2 arcanists and 1 infiltrator. Another infiltrator fucked up his arc and Finn charges him in the back, pac-man-styling half the unit before I fail my 6+.

Trenchers clean up the rest of the infiltrators near me. Alain uses Reveille so a KD'd Lance can charge the Chimera on the right flank. I cast Fury on them and hide behind a rock.


...and I die. Rahn slams a Lance onto Stryker and then TKs him away. Eiryss and Hyperion shoot, good game. My fort was too poorly made: Should have been like this.


With that setup it's impossible to get the slam, vision and TK on Stryker which is needed. It felt like Rahn had huge attrition issues here. Oh well.

Sadly, a Loss for the Swans. 

:: Evaluation ::

Setup and T1 is fairly legit. A little poor with the Lances on the right being slammable into each other. The main mistake is building a poor fort Stryker though which ends the game early on. If he had not died I'm really unsure of what Rahn could've done. I.e., if assassination is off the table how does he approach the game? Feating for attrition here is hard, he can't touch Gallant and he'll struggle with the zones.

Anyway, list is promising, Stryker protection-execution not so much. Practice needed!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar