onsdag 21. desember 2016

Battle Report #378: Sloan vs Harkevich

:: Prologue ::

Errata is out! Many interesting changes. More on that later. I played 2 games today before it was released. First up: Harkevich! Ever since my first encounter with him at a recent tournament I've been wanting to have a rematch so at it we went!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Rangers [9]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen [10]
Opponent:
Harkevich
- 3x Kodiak
- 2x Jugger
- Gobber Tinker
- Orin
- Ragman
- Bokur
Ironfang Pikemen
- UA
Eliminators 

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing The Pit and Harkevich went first. I was assuming an early push and all-out aggression and picked my side and deployed accordingly, hopefully giving myself enough strategical depth to deny the Khadorans to push me out of the game.


:: Game ::

Top of 1 feat and full speed ahead!


I remove Kayazy and put down Risen in front of my lines outside of walk + hit range. I should probably have went outside of steam range as well, after all scoring doesn't happen until my next turn.


Kodiaks move up and steam out the risen.


Feat turn! I kill all Kodiaks barring one which has 1 box left! I struggle to keep Sloan outside of killbox and jugger trample threat range but manage barely.


Khador starts scoring CPs. The remaining Kodiak proves his worth: Orin gets the GMCA with a lightning tendril bouncing off of the 'jack and the steam kills a couple of more models.


The unjamming continues. Killing Juggernauts is hard. Khador heavies seem to have an endless amount of boxes. I contest as well as I can and Sloan's finally gotten some space.


Khador's running out of ...steam.


Harkevich does get all the way to 4 CP but it stops there.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Killing the Kodiaks on my feat turn was crucial. In hindsight I think losing that many risen was a big mistake. As scoring had not started I could've easily put them further back. That provides Alexia with a lot more punch when it comes to counter-attacking. At least I was more cautious than last game!

The Pikemen switched from going on the flank to going in the middle. If they had instead kept up the pressure on Sloan on the right flank I'm sure what I would've done. They minifeated T1 because they were afraid of the Trenchers but to be honest the Trenchers have to respect the Kodiaks and just keep their distance.

Overall a very close game. Playing Sloan vs fast things with lots of armour is a real nail-biter.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar