torsdag 9. mars 2017

Battle Report #447: Haley2 vs Harkevich

:: Prologue ::

After the game against Fyanna I had a match scheduled against Harkevich with a proxy-madness Khador army. Long story short one of my reasons for trying out the Electrobots is that I believe it's stronger against most multiple heavies lists. Harkevich is an excellent starting point for testing out this hypothesis.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
"Electrobots"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Stormclad - PC: 18
- Avenger - PC: 17
- Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Stormclad - PC: 18
Opponent:
Winter Guard Kommand
Harkevich
- 3x Marauder
- 2x Kodiak
- 2x Juggernaut
Jozef
Mortar
Winter Guard Infantry
- 3x Rockets

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same map and scenario, this time I go first. Very basic idea here: Kill stuffs!


:: Game ::

TK, TK! TK, TK! Electrobots hurry across the table. I leave 3 jacks within rocket range: A firefly and the 'clads with defensive upkeeps. Arlan's in repair range of the clads. Basically if my opponent takes the shot on either warjack here he'll struggle so hard against a top of 2 feat.


He goes for the Firefly and dice don't agree with him. In the center the clouds are placed so that I cannot TK and walk my jacks in to engage his.

I am so excited I forget to take a picture. My idea now is to TK two heavies into the clouds and let the electrobots go to town. This works out very well and I kill a Kodiak and a Marauder. Unfortunately I forget to block off a heavy's path to the right side of my Sidekick Stormclad so my opponent can move to contest. I should note I guess that Harkevich "died" here as well. Jakes' clad reaches insanely far and the Avenger's KD shot makes it terrifying so we had to "minifeat" Harkevich further back. Anyway, 2 dead heavies!


A Kodiak moves to contest. Harkevich counter-feats.


My initial idea here is to disengage all. However I figure I wanna test the list as per usual and decide to sacrifice Thorn instead. I Dominate the Kodiak in my zone outside of Harkevich's feat. It's subsequently killed by my backline elements and the Avenger. In the center 2 'clads swing their swords on a marauder. Thorn disrupts a Jugger and a Kodiak.


My opponent tries to get work done but the net result of his entire turn is 1 dead Stormclad. Thorn too strong.


We don't bother playing this game out because it's all over now. I have 3 heavies and Thorn intact. Long story short he'll lose 2 or 3 heavies and whatever's left will be disrupted. Most likely the remaining infantry more or less die as well.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Boom! This matchup felt about as good as I hoped it would. I need to play the Electrobots into other Khador casters. Stuff like Vlad1 and Butcher1 should definitely be considered next.

I don't know if there's a lot to say about this game. A big mistake to not physically block off my opponent from contesting me bot of 2. Possibly a mistake to commit on his feat as opposed to sacrificing 1 jack and getting out of there.

A very good start for the Electrobots today. I'll keep looking for matchups that should be interesting. I love how many ways you can build and pair Cygnar these days.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar