fredag 31. mars 2017

Battle Report #474: Haley2 vs Stryker1

:: Prologue ::

Following Sloan vs Stryker1, it was time to try out Haley2. Half the idea behind the Technical Death Metal variant is that it should be able to fight stuff like Ferox. How much harder are Stryker1's Lances? I was about to find out!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
"Technical Death Metal"
[Theme] Heavy Metal
(Haley 2) Major Victoria Haley [+25]
- Charger [9]
- Hammersmith [12]
- Stormwall [39]
- Thorn [13]
- Squire [0]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Charger [9]
Lieutenant Allison Jakes [4]
- Stormclad [18]
Opponent:
[Theme] Storm Division
(Stryker 1) Commander Coleman Stryker [+30]
- Firefly [8]
- Stormwall [39]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Charger [9]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Extraction and I move first again. My overall strategy this game is largely like the last: Slow the game down, chill out, let my shooting work for me.


:: Game :: 

I run up Haley's Charger and the 'wall on the right. The Charger is largely to negate scenario plays.


My opponent puts two Lances in the trench. Arcane on them + 'wall, Blur on the other Lances (notice them hugging cover).


I don't want to feat and I don't think I have to. I keep my 'wall aiming and it kills the Lances in the Trench with aid from the Charger. Haley moves up and the rest just move into position.


Stryker has to do something so he feats and runs up.


I counter-feat and start TK-ing stuff, taking out a thing or two and committing the Hammersmith which kills 2 Lances.


My opponent cannot commit the 'wall because I have too much melee power nearby. He makes a passive play...


...and when my next turn finishes it's clear that this game is effectively over.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

In this game Stryker was unable to do two things: He didn't get the Lances up the table fast enough and he didn't concentrate a lot of power on one point. Failing these two meant he bled continuously, both in terms of models and in terms of table presence. Notice how I gradually built up my decision without rushing anything.

I think that if Lances get into a more dominant position at the right time then he'll have a lot more game here. Applying pressure on the right flank might've been doable for example after he saw my deployment.

I love this Haley2 list and when it works, it's just awesome!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar