fredag 31. mars 2017

Battle Report #476: Stryker1 vs Sloan

:: Prologue ::

The very last game of the mirror dojo session saw Stryker1 doublewall play vs Sloan. Let's jump right in!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
"Immovable Object"
[Theme] Heavy Metal
(Stryker 1) Commander Coleman Stryker [+30]
- Firefly[8]
- Stormwall [39]
- Stormwall [39]
- Squire [0]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Charger [9]
Lieutenant Allison Jakes [0]
- Charger [9]
Opponent:
"Firing Solution"
Theme: Heavy Metal
Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28 Armory
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Lightning Pod
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Hammersmith - PC: 12

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Outlast again and I play Stryker due to more experience. The idea is quite simple: Scenario. Try and force Sloan away from "my" zone and just pew pew from there.


:: Game ::

Sloan sets up.


Easiest first turn of my life. Stuff runs and I feat.


The Charger on my left gets torn to pieces despite my feat. Some good shots from Sloan and Hunters. The Hammersmith stays out of LoS from the left 'wall and blocks LoS from it to important support models.


I move up and try and shoot stuff. Not a lot happens.


So this is what happens in return: Sloan feats, kills my jamming Firefly and Charger. This lets her 'wall charge my 'wall and contest the zone. Hunters pick off Arlan. I lose Squire to electro leaps.

However not much of this matters. What matters is that the enemy Hunter runs to jam my left 'wall. This means I have a wall-on-wall fight where the other 'wall charged first and has superior shooting backup. I can't one-round it and my other 'wall can't help it out. I try and see if I get lucky dice but I don't. In the ensuing turn my opponent kills off my right 'wall and the Hammersmith jams the left 'wall. The long term effects of all of this combined means that scenario is dead. I'm also down on attrition and there's no assassination angle. I concede the game.

Sadly, a Loss for the Swans. 

:: Evaluation ::

Well this went south real fast. This is an example of what happens when you face someone who knows how to play vs double biggies. You get jammed out and shut out of the game with your models taken out one by one. It might not look like it on paper but Sloan feels like she has the tools for.

A play I maybe could/should have gone for was to save my feat for another turn. Just eat a round of shooting. In hindsight it feels like the better play.

A string of mirror matchups with lots of learning points and issues to consider. So many casters, so many viable builds! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar