onsdag 15. mars 2017

Battle Report #452: Stryker2 vs Doomie2

:: Prologue ::

One of my club mates just switched from Protectorate to Trollbloods because he loves the models. Having bought and assembled the Trolls for some time now he's getting back to playing. His caster of choice is Doomie2. I've been wanting to expand my horizons and this was the perfect opportunity to bring forth Stryker2!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
"Lightning Stryke"
Theme: Storm Division
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Lord Commander Stryker - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 0
- Lancer - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8
Stormblade Captain - PC: 5
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0
Opponent:
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia - WB: +27
- Trollkin Runebearer - PC: 0
- Earthborn Dire Troll - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Mulg the Ancient - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Troll Axer - PC: 10
- Storm Troll - PC: 9
- Storm Troll - PC: 9
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15
Troll Whelps - 5 Whelps: 0
Northkin Shaman - PC: 0
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing Extraction and the Trolls seize the initiative. I deploy Blades centrally with Lances on either side. The threat ranges from Doomie is an issue here so I fear I have to let him get some sort of an alpha and then counter-feat to hopefully get ahead on attrition.


:: Game ::

The Trolls run up but they are somewhat cautious...


...something I take advantage of immediately to swarm the table. I set up a lot of juicy 'blades in the center to taunt my opponent out. They mini-feat to make it miserable for Storm Trolls, but Junior put Arcane on Stryker before I had thought about this.


The bait is taken and the Trolls move in!


With the Earthborn all up in my lines I figure I can take him out with Stryker without risking too much exposure. I also don't have to feat, I can give him some models yet keep a ton safe, still. I clear out the middle and the Earthborn and move to 2-0.


The remaining Trolls wade forth with feat from Doomie, but their spread is somewhat bad and it's a lacklustre punch.


In return I feat and basically wipe the table. I move to 4-0 and my opponent concedes.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This game felt like it played very much into Stryker's hands. The cautious nature of my opponent's first turn gave me too much table space I think.

The sheer amount of models in this list feels like it allows Stryker2 to play his game: Force piece trades and save the feat for when it really matters. It also gives a bunch of dudes to help him out if he wants to go in. It's worth noting that sending a heavy up aggressively is something Stryker simply dreams about. Letting him Overload without much of a risk is highly efficient.

We discussed the game for a bit and then played a rematch!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar