mandag 13. mars 2017

Battle Report #449: Stryker1 vs Gorten

:: Prologue ::

One of my merc opponents had this idea that Gorten in theme could be a decent drop into Cygnar. I didn't really understand how but I was happy to test it out. Gorten's a nasty little fella which it's at least good to check out before we conclude that he's, well, bad.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
"Immovable Object"
[Theme] Heavy Metal
(Stryker 1) Commander Coleman Stryker [+30]
- Firefly[8]
- Stormwall [39]
- Stormwall [39]
- Squire [0]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Charger [9]
Lieutenant Allison Jakes [0]
- Charger [9]
Opponent:
Gorten in Rhulic Theme
- 5x Driller
- 2x Gunner
- 4x Blaster
2x min forge guard
1x artillery

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

I go first and we play Outlast. The idea is simple enough, keep attritioning with shooting, beware of feat, hold my own feat for as long as possible.


:: Game ::

Stuff runs. I skew towards the right zone because what's he going to do about it?


3 lights move to the right zone to force my hand. The heavies run up centrally and on the left. Rock Wall in the middle. Solid Ground is cast.


I shoot lights on the right flank and a heavy on the left. Covering fire to mess with forge guard.


The push keeps coming.


Clear out stuff, move out of threat, cripple a heavy with shooting on the left, block furge guard with covering fire, clear out right zone and move to 1-0. Stryker moved Snipe to himself fairly quickly and he's enjoying it in all kinds of ways as he's disrupting one crucial jack per turn.


Gorten starts pushing towards the right zone, more or less giving up on the left 'wall.


I clear stuff out again and feat, moving to 3-0. I place a pod behind Stryker so Gorten cannot feat him away. Gorten's miserable threat projection means he cannot kill the pod particularly easily. If he somehow manages to do so I have Arlan and a Charger set up to block Stryker from being pushed too far.


My opponent is tired of how hopeless this matchup is and forgets to contest properly. As a result I clear out the zone again and win on scenario.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I don't think there's a lot to say about this game. My assumption that Stryker1 was massively up vs Gorten was correct. Next time I have to try him out vs Ossrum if I can!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar