mandag 13. mars 2017

Battle Report #450: Haley2 vs Amon

:: Prologue ::

I dojo'd the electrobots list to deal with some usual suspects we see a lot these days: Melee-heavy armies trying to emulate more or less what the Mad Dogs basically used to do. These pose some interesting problems for a lot of our lists, but Haley2 is fundamentally strong against them.

Theory is theory though and in this game I find that you need to confirm your assumptions. As such I had scheduled a couple of games vs Amon today: One in which I tried "my list" and one in which I played a vanilla Haley2 list for my opponent to try one of his variations.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
"Electrobots"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Stormclad - PC: 18
- Avenger - PC: 17
- Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Stormclad - PC: 18
Opponent:
Theme: The Creator's Might
(Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza [+29]
- Dervish [7]
- Dervish [7]
- Dervish [7]
- Dervish [7]
- Devout [9]
- Indictor [15]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Hierophant [0]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
The Covenant of Menoth [0]
Vassal of Menoth [0]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Wrack [1]Wrack [1]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Take and Hold, Protectorate moves first. I deploy behind my flag, the idea is to force my opponent to commit heavily there.


:: Game ::

PoM jacks run up and spread out. Shielding is sung.


Shots go into the rightmost Dervish. It almost dies. All my jacks stay outside of my opponent's threat ranges.


Jacks keep moving up, doing their best to deny me my flag.


Haley plays a "focus battery" role this turn. TL;DR I send all jacks more or less into his and they do a ton of damage. Also feat and go to 1-0.


Considering this position for a couple of minutes and discussing it between us, we agree that this game is basically over. No matter what PoM does, attrition looks horrible as my jacks are so well positioned for next turn.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

My threat ranges are longer than PoM's and I can pick off stragglers either by shooting them or by dominating + tk-ing them out. I don't know how Amon can set up to deal with this, it feels really, really bad for him.

I'm glad that my theory seemed to work out with this list. I've played it into Harkevich and Amon now and found both matchups to be massively in my favour. A good start for sure.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar