onsdag 21. september 2016

Battle Report #300: Haley3 vs Ossrum

:: Prologue ::

My final practice games before WTC were played today! Two rounds against Mercenaries, one with each of my lists. I really love what PP did with Mercs in Mk. 3 and they are a force to be reckoned with now. As Iron Moot showed I really need more practice against their Rhulic variants in particular as well.

The first matchup was Haley3 vs Ossrum and I was eager to see what she could do against him.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Haley Past
- Haley Future
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Ragman - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Opponent:
General Ossrum - WJ: +28
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 4
- Ghordson Avalancher - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Wroughthammer Rockram - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Anastasia di Bray - PC: 3
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - PC: 5
Ogrun Assault Corps - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
Horgenhold Artillery Corps - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6
Herne & Jonne - Herne & Jonne: 5
Horgenhold Artillery Corps - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 8

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Take and Hold and my opponent went first. The idea here was to spread out my shooting, have the hitting power converge centrally and get the echoes up the field asap. With the clouds being huge here I was hoping to just counter his moves and force him to commit unfavourably.


:: Game ::

Mercs run up, Snipe on one artillery piece and FFE on the other. Ogruns flank right.


It's Haley3 bottom of 1, nothing new. I ensure that my Grenadiers have Trenchers in base to base to allow full shots before moving Trenchers if he decides to push.


The Ogruns flank -way- right and the jacks kind of just await a move from me. An interesting move sees my opponent run Reinholdt (!) into the clouds to target him with AOEs which then scattered towards me, killing 1 Trencher and knocking another one down (from tough). Reinholdt is indeed kind of useless so an interesting play indeed.


I see no reason to force the issue, I can start pounding him at a distance, I'm up on time and there's no scenario angle for Ossrum. I simply hold my ground and shuffle my things around, dealing significant damage to one of his lights and killing off Anastasia.


What happens now is quite classic from Haley3's perspective: An opponent gets frustrated and pushes without covering himself defensively (in this case: no feat). I think my opponent's list has way too few jacks for being an Ossrum list and indeed Blasters might've been problematic for me to an extent, but given the list he had I would've loved to see the Ogruns for example run in to cause chaos by simply jamming me up under feat turn here with jacks behind. In any case that does not happen and the jacks are kind of exposed.


Feat turn time! I consider going for Ossrum with a Force Hammer assassination run but he's camping 2 and I don't have enough shooting in range to make it a sure kill. I see a very lucrative attrition opening instead so I go for it.

The picture below basically says it all: I kill the 2 lights, most of the Ogruns, one heavy through Domination and Aiyana + Holt with Lances.


Ossrum tries one last move with feat but there are so few models left.


Despite having ARM23 I kill the last heavy and the Mercenaries give up.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Interesting game! I can see how Haley3 might easily be the favoured drop into Rhulics, which is awesome considering I'm fairly confident she's the better choice into Cephalyx as well.

This game is a textbook example of how Haley3 plays if your opponent doesn't know her that well or simply doesn't have an answer to her. I would be interested in a more typical Ossrum list with e.g. 7 lights and 2 heavies, perhaps I'll have that chance later at some point.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar