mandag 26. september 2016

Battle Report #302: Haley3 vs Ossyan

:: Prologue ::

WTC 2016 was my first WTC experience. Last year I had barely begun playing the game at this point in time. True, Warhammer ETC is by and large the same thing but it's a different system. Anyway, our team was in place by Friday and we had time for a couple of practice games. My captain, playing Retribution, was eager to get Cygnar experience with his Ossyan list so we went at it.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Haley Past
- Haley Future
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Ragman - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Opponent:
Lord Arcanist Ossyan - WJ: +28 (Fuel Cache)
- Discordia - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Imperatus - PC: 22 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Ghost Sniper - PC: 3
Mage Hunter Strike Force - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Mage Hunter Strike Force Commander - PC: 4
Mage Hunter Strike Force - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Mage Hunter Strike Force Commander - PC: 4
Stormfall Archers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 9
Stormfall Archers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 9

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

This is a matchup I've played a couple of times in the past and although I believe it should be in Retribution's favour it has a tendency not to end up as such. The TL;DR of it is that the MHSF struggle to kill all the Trenchers and following that, the clouds just do a ton of work. We were playing Outlast and Retribution went first.


:: Game ::

This was very much a talk-through-everything-that-happens kind of game. The MHSF spread out with quicken on the right unit. The reasoning here is that if they want to they can dive really deep top of 2 to get to Trenchers or other MVPs.


I proxy base up the Storm Lances behind the cloudwall. Although the traffic jam is very real, I get everything where I want it to be. The Trenchers which do not cloud up dig in.


The two MHSF units commit and take out 7 Trenchers.


I retaliate and wipe out a ton of MHSF. This does commit the Storm Lances but I figure it's worth it because I also move to 2-0 on scenario. One Grenadier runs to contest the left zone.


The Myrmidons commit! Placing themselves in the trench to get DEF boosts, they help clear out the cav. My left Grenadier survives on 1 box (!).


Feat turn! I dominate Imperatus after I send in Thorn in the trench to deny him of the cover bonus. Discordia gets disrupted. Ironclad finishes Imperatus in melee.


The disrupted Discordia fails to do anything about Thorn and my opponent concedes the game.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This matchup usually comes down to the same patterns: MHSF go for Trenchers and then die in great numbers to Lances, who in turn are killed by Stormfalls. In this game though my opponent could probably have used Admonition on Imperatus to better effect, at which point I probably will struggle to kill him you know. It is probably the closest game I've had with this matchup. In the end, the surviving Trenchers enable me to put on the scenario pressure which takes the game home.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar