onsdag 21. september 2016

Battle Report #301: Haley2 vs Gorten

:: Prologue ::

The very, very last practice game before WTC! My bane from Iron Moot, Gorten, is ready to be as problematic as he can be. Let's jump right to it.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
Gorten Grundback - WJ: +31
- Ghordson Earthbreaker - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 31)
- Ghordson Basher - PC: 9
Rorsh - Rorsh & Brine: 15
- Brine
- Battle Boar - PC: 7
Ragman - PC: 4
Thor Steinhammer - PC: 4
Gobber Tinker - PC: 2
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 19
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 8

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

A quite different list compared to what I faced last time, but a list with some pretty crazy tricks none the less (protip: Check out the opportunities for slamming and throwing Gorten up the field for crazy feat plays!). I was anxious of how Rock Wall might ruin my chances here and how the feat would force me to play very carefully, but what can you do? After all, it's Haley2, I'm sure there will be angles!

Same map & scenario as last game. My game plan was to play defensively and try and chip away at him, using the feat to get an alpha on anything valuable and try and avoid a devastating feat as best as I could.


:: Game ::

The Mercs run up, Gorten casts his shenanigans-enabling spell and puts up +4 STR on the colossal.


I reply with the e-leap boys protecting the flank vs Nyss, keeping back so as not to die to CRAs. The Stormwall advances almost max. with TA and is used as a shield to cover my other jacks from being feat-fucked. Haley casts Deflection.


My opponent places Rock Wall so that the Stormwall can't charge his colossal. However Gorten himself isn't careful and is within 4" of the edge of the wall. I warn my opponent that he will likely die there but he wants to see it played out. Maybe he thought I was trying to mind-game him, I don't know.


In any case I assault Brine with Lances and the e-leaps clear off a few nyss. The Firefly then boosts a shot to clear off the rest there before Thorn runs up and Haley TKs the Battle Boar away and Gorten into range. I TA the fully-fueled Stormwall, Ragman moves into position with Death Field, Ironclad runs to follow-up, feat is down and even Hunter's mark hits Gorten. Suffice is to say, the angry Stormwall eager for revenge since last time made Gorten regret not putting >4" between himself and Rock Wall.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I can see this kind of Gorten list have a lot of potential. It probably needs some tuning but between Rock Wall, anti-KD army-wide and his feat I can see this list mimick Rask's playstyle. Indeed he can even take both the snake and Wrongeye + Snapjaw, which makes for a pretty awesome setup.

In any case my opponent had never played this before and Haley2 is Haley2 so there will always be some angles. The assassination here came a little too easy I'll admit but that's part of learning the game (I remember losing Haley2 a ton of times in my first games and indeed still typically lose on assassination when I do lose).

It feels good to finish the last 2 practice games before WTC with 2 clean wins. I'm as ready as I can be and look forward to an awesome weekend in the Netherlands!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar