mandag 26. september 2016

WTC 2016 Game 4 (#307): Haley2 vs Helynna

:: Prologue ::

For game number 4 we draw Wales Crafanc and we have a lot of good matchups here. We manage to dodge a couple of bullets as well and I get the amazing pairing of Haley2 vs Helynna after we've selected our casters! Surely this must be a good start?

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
Magister Helynna - WJ: +30
- Aspis - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Imperatus - PC: 22 (Battlegroup Points Used: 22)
- Discordia - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Manticore - PC: 14
- Manticore - PC: 14
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Houseguard Thane - PC: 4
Lys Healer - PC: 3
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Houseguard Halberdiers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Houseguard Halberdier Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing extraction and my team is selecting tables. I get an absolutely batshit terrain setup which I know will devastate Helynna even more in an already impossible matchup: 2 woods on one flank with a lake opposite them enables me to create a huge los-block element around which I can get work done while also getting the skewed formation Haley loves so much. If he elects to take the side with the woods he has a lot of rough terrain to handle which his jacks don't do that well. He elects to go first and I give him the open side to leave me with 2 woods.


:: Game ::

Jacks move up, imprint from disco and Rhythm of war. Covering Fires are put down.


I want to start chipping away at Halbs if possible and I shouldn't need to maximise the Stormwall's distance. I trample up and e-leap off of the pod to get a couple of halbs. The cloud from my objective denies even more LoS and I put Lanyssa, Ragman and Thorn in amazing positions there. Lances take care so that they cannot be jammed and the last 2 jacks are in good spots to counter the Halberdiers.


Helynna tightens up her group and feats. The Manticores try and block out my solos from getting work done. Halbs draw towards Helynna to get bonus ARM.


Lanyssa runs onto the hill, Thorn runs up and Dominates out a Manticore before taking cover outside of LoS of every important model in his army, Ragman puts down death field and the Stormwall kills the manticore and a -ton- of support models with the +2 from raggy and some good rolls plus the pod. The Ironclad runs to my flag, Haley feats on his entire army barring like an arcanist or so and the Firefly clears out a couple of Halberdiers. Storm Lances flank Halbs so that they can deal with them if they want to jam the 'clad. 1-0 and a perfect position for me.


After pondering the situation for 5 minutes or so my opponent simply forfeits the game.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

As with my last game there's not a lot to be said here. Helynna has always struck me as a weak caster and Haley2 is a disastrous matchup for her. The terrain seals the deal basically as he doesn't even have a theoretical opening here (barring absolutely insane dice from me). The way I execute the early game leaves him with either backing out way too much or letting me start picking jacks apart.

Norway Red did well in the other games as well and we walked away with a 4-1 win, putting us at 2-2.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar